Gesneriaceae and begoniaceae
You are here:
- Gesneriaceae and begoniaceae
Gesneriaceae is a family of flowering plants consisting of ca. 150 genera and ca. 3,200 species in the Old World and New World tropics and subtropics, with a very small number extending to temperate areas. Many species have colorful and showy flowers and are cultivated as ornamental plants.
The Begoniaceae are a family of flowering plants with about 1400 species occurring in the subtropics and tropics of both the New World and Old World. All but one of the species are in the genus Begonia. The only other genus in the family, Hillebrandia, is endemic to the Hawaiian Islands and has a single species. Phylogenetic work supports Hillebrandia as the sister taxon to the rest of the family. The genus Symbegonia has recently been reduced to a section of Begonia, as recent molecular phylogenies have shown it to be derived from within that genus.
- Aeschynanthus "twister"Aeschynanthus "twister"
- Aeschynanthus marmoratus longicaulisAeschynanthus marmoratus longicaulis
- Alsobia dianthifloraAlsobia dianthiflora
- begonia " fireworks"begonia " fireworks"
- begonia " jamaica"begonia " jamaica"
- begonia " l´escargot"begonia " l´escargot"
- begonia " tiny gem"begonia " tiny gem"
- Begonia "baby dress"Begonia "baby dress"
- begonia "bolero"begonia "bolero"